Note: The release dates of the movies may change.
This spring there are a lot of book based movies coming to the European and American cinemas. Generally throughout this year a lot of books are coming to the big screen so I decided to share with you the ones I'm most excited for.
This spring there are a lot of book based movies coming to the European and American cinemas. Generally throughout this year a lot of books are coming to the big screen so I decided to share with you the ones I'm most excited for.
Mockingjay Part 1
Ahhhh! Even thinking about this movie makes me scream
in a very high-pitched fangirly voice because I just can't contain my
excitement. Especially since I really really loved Catching Fire and I hope
that Mockingjay will be similar in terms of how close they followed the book
and how well they captured the atmosphere of the story.
Here is a little information for those of you who
don't know what I'm talking about: Mockingjay is the third book in Suzanne
Collins bestseller trilogy The Hunger Games. The series follows
sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen and takes place in a future dystopian version
of the US where kids are sent into an arena to fight to the death. When
Katniss' sister is chosen she volunteers and the Games begin.
Release dates: November 21 (USA), November 20 (Switzerland I'll
always be referring to the German speaking part)
And here we have the second adaptation of a dystopian trilogy... Divergent like Mockingjay takes place in a future version of the US precisely in Chicago. The society is split into five factions of whom each values a different skill. The story follows sixteen-year-old Beatrice (Tris) Prior who is about to take the aptitude test which will tell her to which faction she belongs but the results aren't clear. That makes her Divergent and she has to hide inside a faction or otherwise she might get killed.
I'm excited about this movie because I loved the book
and the world Veronica Roth built in it. I really want to see how they brought
the story to life. Also I'm really looking forward to seeing Shailene Woodley
and her acting skills.
Release dates: March 21 (USA), April 4 (Switzerland)
The Fault in Our Stars
Fangirly screams again. I read this book a while ago
and loved it so much. John Green tells the story of a teenage girl
(sixteen-year-old Hazel) suffering from cancer. Her parents force her to
join a support group for children living with cancer. That is where she meets
Augustus (Gus) Waters. What follows is a unique heartbreaking story about
friendship, love, life and loss.
This is the second 2014 book adaptation with Shailene
Woodley in a leading role so besides seeing one of my favourite
books turned into a movie I'm also excited to see how she brings life to two
characters from very different stories. Also I'd say that this is one of the
must watch movies of this year.
Release dates: June 6 (USA), June 12 (Switzerland)
Vampire Academy
What got me excited for that movie and the books was
the trailer. The story came across as very sassy, amusing and fresh which got
me interested immediately. Then I read the book and now I'm really looking
forward to seeing how it turned out.
The author Richelle Mead introduces us to
seventeen-year-old Rosemarie (Rose) Hathaway who is trained to become her best
friends (Lissa) guardian. They suffer through ordinary High School and teenage
dramas but with a twist. Lissa is a Moroi vampire princess and needs to be
protected from Strigoi vampires and dark forces at the Academy.
Release dates: February 7 (USA), March 13 (Switzerland)
Saphirblau (Sapphire Blue)
This is the second novel in Kerstin Giers Gem Trilogy.
It follows sixteen-year-old (what is it with these 16 year olds? :P) Gwyneth
(German: Gwendolyn) Shepherd and is set in London. Gwen’s cousin is supposed to
have the ability to travel through time and has been trained for a secret
mission. Things get crazy when instead of her cousin Gwen starts to jump
through time.
I'm excited for this movie because I absolutely loved
the trilogy. I hadn't read anything like it before. Also I really really hope
they fix what was wrong with the first movie and capture the atmosphere better.
The Maze Runner
Here comes our third dystopian (maybe sci-fi) book to
movie adaption. The story follows another sixteenish Teenager but this time
it's a boy. His name is Thomas and he is put into a Maze with other boys. They
have to find their way out but that seems to be impossible. Also deathly
creatures lurk in the nightly shadows of the maze.
Dylan O'Brian has the lead role which is one
convincing argument for watching the movie... Furthermore I'm excited to see
how they adapted the novel and if I will like it better than the book.
I actually did a review of the novel so feel free to
check it out: Maze Runner
Review
The Book Thief
At some point last December the trailer caught my eye
and sparked my interest for the book and movie. I'm currently reading the novel
and so far I'm really enjoying it. I'm excited to see the German-American
collaboration in this movie.
Markus Zusak tells us about a young girl (Liesel
Meminger) in Nazi Germany. She lives with foster parents and they hide a Jewish
man during the escalation of World War 2. She meets Death three times but
manages to escape every time.
Release dates: November 8 2013 (USA),
March 13 (Switzerland)




No comments:
Post a Comment