My favorite clothing item of the month would definitely be my pair of galaxy/space print leggings. I started looking for a pair of those like a year ago but I could never find them in the stores and I didn’t feel like ordering a pair online. But now I finally found one in H&M and I’ve worn them almost for the whole month. They are super comfy and a nice way to add color to an outfit.
Book
This year I decided to do a reading challenge which makes me read a lot. Now I’m able to pick a favorite among the books I’ve read this month. And the lucky choice is… *drum roll* MATCHED by Ally Condie.
I picked it up when I went to the book store about two weeks ago. I actually didn’t really want to start a new series and was looking for Insurgent by Veronica Roth. But then I saw Matched and the little description thingy in the back plus the beautiful cover instantly drew me in.
The story tells us about a girl (Cassia) who lives in a dystopian society called The Society (surprise!). These people control everything! From what to eat, to whom you’ll marry, to when you die. Then Cassia gets matched to her future partner but when she looks at his picture at home another face flashes on the screen and things go crazy.
I especially enjoyed the writing of this book it was simple yet very poetical which suited perfectly. Then there is also a beautiful love story, a lot of tension and interesting characters.
I’ll probably do a full review/book discussion of the series later on.
Song
The most listened to song in October is Wings by Birdy. I heard it on the radio at some point during this month and fell in love. Seriously this girl has an amazing voice and I love the slight melancholic touch her songs have.
Lip Products
I got the Baby Lips because I heard tons of good things about it (probably every beauty guru ever has mentioned this lip balm at least once) and I like trying out new lip products. I was very lucky to still get my hands on one since the colored ones were sold out almost immediately. Cherry Me was the only shade I really wanted to get because I knew the color would look great. That is also what made that product a favorite because it tends to dry my lips out instead of moisturizing them like it should. So as a flattering lip stain it is awesome but for chapped lips I would definitely NOT recommend it.
I got the Rimmel lipstick a while back in a sales action. I was actually looking for a different shade but I liked the color of this one and decided to buy it. I didn’t really use it until this month and now I love it. The purplish fuchsia shade is perfect for fall and if you like wearing bold lips.
Nail Polish
There are two products again. The first one is a bright lilac from the L’Oreal Color Riche collection. It is in the shade #828 Flashing Lilac. I got it this summer and then forgot about it until now. I like it because it has a slightly mat finish and the color payoff after two coats is very great. Also it adds a nice pop of color to whatever you are wearing.
The second polish is from p2 and it’s in the shade #691 Can’t Get Enough. The color is a deep purplish/burgundy red which makes it perfect for fall. I like how it creates a classier look for my nails.
No comments:
Post a Comment