Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Covergirl LashBlast Volume - Review

I got this mascara sometime last December because a lot of people said it is very good and I just wanted to see that for myself. And oh am I happy I tried it!

Pigmentation/Color Payoff
Some mascaras have some kind of greyish undertone or they don't coat your lashes properly but not this one. It is super black and you can definitely notice a difference before and after applying the LashBlast Volume even if you don't put too much of it on. It builds up quite nicely and you can achieve natural and more dramatic looks. With too many coats it can get clumpy though.

Brush/applicator
The brush is made of plastic which probably not all of you will like but for me it's perfect because I actually prefer those. Another thing that might bother some people is how fat the applicator is. I guess though that this is just something that comes with a volume mascara as this applicator is actually not much bigger than for example the Maybelline Colossal Volum Express one. I have to say though that in the beginning the wand can be hard to use without getting black on your eyelids.


what the applicator looks like


brush comparison Covergirl LashBlast Volume (l) and Maybelline Colossal Volum Express (r) 
Longevity
I currently have the non waterproof mascara which can get very runny when your eyes tear up but else I've found that it lasts very well throughout the day. Even if you tend to get oily eyelids (like I do) it won't transfer or smudge. It also holds the curl if you use a lash curler.


curled lashes and one coat of the LashBlast after a couple hours -> still curled, no smudges



Overall Opinion
This mascara is one of the best I've ever used. It gives me so much volume without clumping or making my lashes stick together. So it definitely lives up to its name. I also like how well it holds a curl and how black it is. I will definitely repurchase this one (but waterproof) and try more of the Covergirl mascara range.


No comments:

Post a Comment